Experienced marketing and communications professional with a track record of developing and executing strategy within nonprofit organizations. Develops content that connects with target audiences by evoking emotion and sparking relationships. Finds original solutions and develops concepts that meet organizational needs. Works well both autonomously and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. Translates the complex into understood concepts, manages pressure, executes on deadline. Hyper-productive, super-creative, detail-oriented, tech-savvy quick study who possesses an appreciation for efficient workflows and organized time management. Skilled at navigating difficult situations with humor and reason.
Marketing and communications
Daly Strategies, LLC
Engineering strategic plans, tactics and messages to help fuel a business’s performance with specific, measurable, action‐oriented, realistic and time‐bound content. Clients are from a range of sectors including insurance, human resources, innovation and ideation, education, marketing, lifestyle and the arts.
Photograph stories for Hearst newspapers and the Wall Street Journal among others.
Director of Marketing and Communications, Assistant Development Director
Abilis is a nonprofit that supports 700 people with disabilities, with a $14 million budget and 361 employees.
- Reported to the CEO, developed and supported CEO and fellow leadership team members and 10 directors, created a leadership communications strategy driving alignment between communications function and organization’s core objectives increasing awareness and strengthening internal alignment.
- Created, implemented and monitored internal and external communications plan encompassing donor relations and marketing services, drove 10% visibility increase and improved stakeholder relationships.
- Introduced new CEO to community partners and major donors and produced strategic presentations.
- Managed the communications of new facility launch, the opening of satellite programs and three new residential facilities raising visibility resulting in new client engagement, new hires and donations.
- Worked with Human Resources to improve the recruiting materials and target top level candidates through strategic outreach and job fairs resulting in new hires and a 30% increase in retention.
- Increased donor engagement and forged a network of more than 30 new community partnerships by identifying aligned interests, resulting in increased visibility, new events, programs and client jobs.
- Cultivated new relationships broadening the Abilis audience and created consistent messaging for audiences throughout Abilis network including medical scholars and professionals, families and donors.
- Managed website redesign and content strategy leading to 75% increase in monthly hits, 20% increase in open rates, increased calls for information, follow-up interviews with leadership and increased press.
- Tracked and measured communication plan outcomes and engagement insights via Survey Monkey, Google Analytics, Joomla, Constant Contact, social media reports.
- Managed the development, distribution and maintenance of print and online collaterals controlling the production of materials by writing, photographing and designing all organizational materials to maintain the sustainability of revenue streams and leveraging 50% of the marketing budget each year by negotiating sponsorship packages with vendors, doing the work myself or creating jobs for Abilis clients so money saved went into programs for people with disabilities.
- Redesigned and created content for annual campaigns resulting in a 50% revenue increase in first year, and additional 20% the second and an additional 30% the third.
Anya Larkin Ltd.
Couture textile design studio specializing in wallpaper. Anya Larkin designs are housed in the permanent collections at the Louvre’s Decorative Arts Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
- Created a voice for the CEO and brought the product to life using lyrical narratives romanticizing the designs while highlighting artistry and craftsmanship. Used imagery and language to create campaigns for digital mailings and cultivated a list of over 500 designers for direct outreach.
- Studied sales history to spot revenue trends and shift communications strategy accordingly. Resulted in solicitations by showrooms wanting to sell the line and direct calls from design firms requesting presentations, direct sales increased in revenue by 35% in the first year of implementation.
- Engineered plans, tactics and messages to fuel business’s performance. Created presentations and wrote articles for CEO building relationships with showrooms, designers and end users.
- Redesigned website and advised on social media providing images for campaigns.
Hearst Connecticut Media Group
Staff Photographer; covered a full range of photojournalism assignments for Hearst’s dominant newspapers in the Metropolitan New York region for Hearst Connecticut Newspapers including 4 dailies and 7 weeklies and 11 websites. Photos increased web traffic generating an average of 15 million page views per month, with more than two million unique visitors. Managed high digital workflow and collaborated with more than 50 designers, editors and writers generating story ideas and creating features.
- Conceptualized, researched, reported, wrote, photographed and produced an average of 20 news, feature and human interest stories a week.
- Maximized image output and content for multiple print and digital platforms daily, which increased monthly page views by 50%, and significantly grew readership and advertising revenue.
- Survived multiple staff cuts and carried all photo assignments as sole photographer for months.
- Styled photo shoots for the Hearst Corporation’s quarterly magazines focusing on interior design, lifestyle and food features.
- Experienced with lighting in a studio and on sight.
- Published stories and photographs to web daily; posted slideshows often with upwards of a hundred photos per assignment.
- Maintained digital archive of thousands of images produced annually.
Media News Group
Sole staff photographer for three weeklies in three towns; collaborating closely with ten editors. Managed archives, published to web, and managed content. Successfully completed up to ten assignments a day without ever missing a deadline.
The Journal Register
Staff Photographer Intern, carried the workload of a full-time staff photographer under the guidance of ten seasoned photographers.
Southern Connecticut State University
Bachelor of Science In Journalism, Magna cum laude
St. John's College
The Great Books curriculum
Brand Task Force for Enactus, a global community of student, academic and business leaders who collaborate on entrepreneurial projects that have social impact creating a better, more sustainable world.
Kids in Crisis
Designed, developed and taught a photography program for children and teens living in a group home after being removed from their family settings for a variety of reasons including neglect, family conflict and abuse.
Little Britches Therapeutic Riding Program
Communications and grant writing for a program that uses horses to provide therapy to children with disabilities.
Volunteer coach for athletes with disabiltieis in a variety of sports including skiing, swimming and basketball.